Monday, June 2, 2014

The First Long Run!

(This post gets to cover two days, since I was a slacker on Saturday and didn't post anything about my long run.)

Saturday: Saturday was my first long run (if you can really call it "long") down Emigration Canyon. And honestly, it was so great. Sarah met me at 7am and we drove 3 miles up the canyon. 3 miles is probably not long to most people, especially avid runners, but when you are just getting back in the game, 3 miles is long, and 3 miles is hard! So all of you naysayers can just stop reading and go take yourself on a nice 10 miler. I was so proud of both of us. We ran the entire distance without stopping or walking. And honestly, it felt so good. I mean, it wasn't easy and it hurt a little, but it always feels so good at the end. 

Today: I met up with Sarah again, this time at 6 am and we went for another little 3 mile stroll - this time a bit harder and bit slower. We both agreed that running down the canyon is a lot easier than running on the uphill/downhill  roads in our neighborhood (huh... who woulda thought?). I love that Sarah has started running with me. It motivates me get up in the morning and get out the door. It pushes me to run further and faster than I would on my own. And it's so nice to have someone to talk to - even if we are only - getting - a - single - word - between - breaths. Love you, Sarah!


Distance: 3 miles
Time: 29 minutes
Average PPM: 9 minutes/mile 

No comments:

Post a Comment