Monday, May 19, 2014

Back to Basics

Well, I did it. I signed up for my first half marathon in 3 years! I'm not even sure what got into me, but I decided 2 days ago that I was gonna do it and I did it. Today was my first attempt at training. I woke up and got out of the house and tried to get my butt in gear. The first mile of my run felt great! I was actually super surprised. I averaged an 8:30 min/mile - I totally thought I would average closer to a 9:30 or 10:00 min/mile. I guess going to the gym for the past 5 months has helped. The second mile was fine, but it was uphill, so I slowed down a lot. But I did it. That's all that matters to me. 4 months and 11 miles to go!

I also started eating a Whole30/Nutritarian diet a couple months ago and have had some good success since then. Down 10 pounds. But it's been hard to stick to on weekends and holidays so I'm gonna add my thoughts about it here so that I can keep track of it somehow. So, here we go:

This morning I started my day with a yummy green smoothie. I added coconut water, spinach, wheat grass, a banana and an apple, some frozen tropical fruit, and a bit of greek yogurt. I topped it off with a few tablespoons of flax seed. It was delicious!! Tonight - spinach and fruit salad with a strawberry/basil/mint dressing. Yums.

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 20 minutes
Average PPM: 8:30
Whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment